Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pizza Night

We made individual pizzas for dinner the other night. I have to admit, they were not homemade, but build-your-own pizzas. I went shopping with different intentions, but found I just wasn't motivated to put much effort into our dinner and went the convenience route instead: pre-made pizza crusts, pre-made marinara sauce (which I thickened with a little tomato paste), and even pre-shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. I also got a few basic toppings that please my family: mushrooms, black olives, turkey pepperoni, and jalapeno slices.

I don't know how the other pizzas with their gluten-filled crusts tasted, but my pizza with its thin and crispy crust was pretty delicious. I used mushrooms and pepperoni, plus lots of oregano and some crushed red pepper flakes. Then, after baking, I topped it with a bunch of spring greens. I'm sure it was more than a single-serving's worth, but I ate the whole thing and enjoyed every bite.

This was a fun, easy dinner, that we'll definitely be doing again. And I look forward to changing up the ingredients and trying some different types of salad on top my new favorite way to enjoy pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment